You are responsible for yourself as a creature of God. God has given you the management, and thus the accountability, for a self, namely, yourself. That's a sacred trust; a human self is an exceedingly valuable object; as far as I know, the only thing more valuable in the whole universe is God himself. As a Christian you need only give one such accounting; the pastor, I'm afraid, has to give two. One for himself, since he also is manager over himself, and another account for those he pastored.
From whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. ~ Eph 4:16
Get Involved in a Ministry of the Church
Texarkana Reformed Baptist Church’s Ministries Reflect Our Commitment to the Great Commission
“And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, ‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, “teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’ Amen.” (NASV)
TRBC has sought, since its origin, to be true to the commission that Christ gave His church shortly before he departed this earth to His glory with the Father in Heaven. We have active local, national, and world-wide ministries. Besides our regular and special services at church, the following are examples of our varied ministries:
1. Prison Ministries: some of our members visit, write, and send books to inmates in local institutions. Also, we are involved in preaching at the local FCI;
2. Our church financially supports 1st Choice Pregnancy Center. Many of our members support other Right to Life organizations;
3. One way we help the poor and needy in our area is through support of the Friendship Center & Randy Sam’s Shelter;
4. Nursing Homes: Preaching and Visiting;
5. We support the local Gideons in their distribution of the Bible;
6. TRBC sells and gives good Christian books through our Book Distribution Ministry.
Missions, Pastors, Orphanages, Bibles, Good Books:
1. We have aided in translating Bibles and good books into different languages and sending them to various parts of the World: Russia, Indonesia, Poland, Mexico, etc.;
2. We support Missionaries and Pastors in the Philippines, Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Puerto Rico, Burma (Myanmar), Israel, Turkey, etc.;
3. TRBC supports five orphanages in Manila in the Philippines through monetary gifts, and boxes packed with clothes, shoes, vitamins, toiletries, towels, etc.;
4. Through Christian organizations and other churches, we aid in crises situations: for example, the earthquake devastation in Haiti and the typhoon destruction in the Philippines.
Defending Christians in First Amendment Issues in our Country
1. The church actively supports organizations that are concerned with the protection of our First Amendment Rights of freedom of religion and speech. Examples: the Alliance Defending Freedom and the Christian Law Association;
2. Individuals also support organizations like these: The Rutherford Institute and American Center for Law and Justice.
Organizations that Support the Biblical View of Creation:
We support the exploration, research, and dissemination of the knowledge of Creationism by such organizations as Answers in Genesis and the Creation Research Society.
Through the internet, Texarkana Reformed Baptist Church also engages in international gospel proclamation by making our sermons available to listeners all over the world through our church website and through SermonAudio.com.
TRBC has been blessed by the Lord with a loving and giving people: “Freely we have received; freely we give.”
Join us in worship every Sunday to hear from the Word of God.
God made the world in six days and rested on the seventh. From that time he made the seventh day special as a commemoration of his creative activity. In the law of Moses God requires Israel to rest on the seventh day as a Sabbath observance. They were prohibited from working, making others work, cooking, and travelling too far from home.
Church fellowship encourages right thinking, feeling and lifestyle. It is a detoxification from our time spent in the world all week. Missing this detox removes an important source of spiritual purification.