Henry W. Wood is a native of Gurdon, AR. Upon his profession of faith in Jesus Christ, he was baptized as a young boy (age 9) and became a member of Beech Street Baptist Church in Gurdon. While a student at Ouachita Baptist College, he felt the difinitive call to Christian ministry.
Henry graduated from Ouachita (B.A.) in 1954 and served as music and choir director at Calvary Baptist Church in Pine Bluff, AR, through the fall of 1955. Beginning in January of 1956 he taught school at Elaine, AR and pastored the Old Town Baptist Church in that area until the summer of 1958. He received an M.A. in history from East Texas State University in the summer of 1959 and began teaching in the history department of Texarkana College, (a career lasting from September, 1959 – May, 2006)
While he was a history professor at Texarkana College, Henry completed post graduate study at the University of MS (1962) and pastored the First Baptist Church in Garland, AR (1962-72). In 1976, he began meeting with Jimmy Demoss, and others, which resulted in the founding of Texarkana Reformed Baptist Church in 1978. Henry and Jimmy have continued to serve as active Elders of TRBC since that time.
Henry met his wife, Melba, at Ouachita and they were married in 1956. (Melba is a retired Home Economics teacher from the Texarkana Independent School District.) They are the parents of two daughters: Genevieve Wood, who live in Washington, DC, and is employed at The Heritage Foundation; and, Amanda Wood Aucoin , who lives in Wake Forest, NC, with her husband, Dr. Brent Aucoin, and their three sons, Addison, Andrew, and Aaron.